First, thanks so much for checking out this site. We’re so happy with the positive response we’ve been getting from pet parents worldwide! A little bit about this site:
Supawcute was created as a site to promote pet blogs & pet’s social media worldwide. While I was running my site Pets Overload I realized how vast the pet community is and I found it a bit difficult to discover new blogs as the same ones kept popping up. So, I wanted to create a space for different pet owners to share their blogs and talk a little bit about their pets in the meantime! Supawcute is meant to feature animals of all kinds whether they be cats, dogs, hamsters, chinchillas, birds, guinea pigs, rabbits, fish, reptiles… literally all pets! We see a lot on the internet about cats and dogs, so where are all of the other animals? I know I love learning about all different types of critters, so why not do it while getting to know what their individual temperament is like?
Currently, we have a few ways to take part in this site.
I want to ask you general questions about your pets and what it is to be a pet parent for you. There’s so much we can learn from each other, and sometimes we don’t realize how much knowledge we actually have that can be helpful to others. Interviews are also fun and can have lots of photos of your little one(s)! You can get in touch with me to get an interview through our contact page.
For months I was receiving adorable photos of pets on twitter and it was great to retweet them, but after a while, those tweets disappear. So I wanted to start a pet showcase that we could all look back on and find a bunch of blogs/social media accounts to follow! Our Instagram feed is flooded with adorable animals, but I can never get enough cuteness in my day. We hope to make these showcases weekly, however, it depends on how many people submit a week. The minimum for a post to run will be 5 submissions, with no maximum. So if you don’t see your pets photo this week, don’t worry we didn’t lose it will be coming up! We do have some rules for you to follow:
- You can submit a maximum of 1 photo a week to participate in the pet showcase (if you have multiple pets, you will have to wait for the next week to resubmit)
- Pet showcases will go up every Saturday on our site
- You may include one link for folks to find you (this can be your personal blog, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc as long as it is pet related)
- Submissions will close at 10 AM EST on Fridays
- You must submit your photo through our google form to qualify (just to make it easy to organize and find all of the photos)
- You may also select to be featured on our Instagram account which we will tag you in to get people to check out your profile!
Collaborations with Shelters & Rescues
We really want to promote shelters & rescues on Supawcute. We’ve teamed up with a few in our area, but the collaborations don’t have to stop there. We can feature your volunteers in interviews, we can ask your adopters what their experiences were with you, we can feature the current pets you are adopting out, or we can come up with custom ways to collaborate. This is a completely FREE service as we really hope to help speed up your adoption process. Let me know if you’re interested in collaborating through our contact page!
Did your pet do something special? Is it their birthday? Did you try out a product you absolutely love? Why not submit something about it for Supawcute. I know there are a bunch of pet owners who don’t run blogs who still have a lot to say, so this is your chance to get those cute stories out on the internet. Some of the things we accept are:
- Photo dumps
- Training tips
- Personal stories related to pets
- Product reviews & testimonials
- Opinion pieces about pet care
And we accept guest posts even if you have your own blog (don’t worry, we’ll link to you!) We also have a few rules about this being:
- This must be an original post that hasn’t been posted anywhere else on the web
- You have to own all the images you have sent us and we will have the right to select which go up on the site
- If your piece is meant to be educational have to have done sufficient enough research to consider yourself “an expert” on the topic. If the piece is proven to be false or doesn’t provide the correct information we hold the right to remove the post, but will not edit your work.
- You must agree to not post the same article on any other site unless you choose to share an expert or republish the post 6-months after the publishing date. (This rule is in place to make sure folks who are following multiple blogs don’t get spammed by the same article/post. This can make the project backfire and can be detrimental to both blogs.)
So much love for you all,
Johnny from Pets Overload